The Cordes Hall has been serving the community of Sunninghill for over 100 years. The Trustees and Management Committee are keen to continue to provide this wonderful facility and make major improvements to increase the attractiveness of the Hall for all users.
Essential Remedial Works undertaken since 2014 include repairs to the back wall, sorting out the guttering and a new heating system has been installed. We've also repainted the front entrance hall and the lobby to the bar to brighten and freshen the place up.
We have now finished upgrading and improving the toilets. This was a major undertaking for us and would not have been possible without the generous support of the Doris Cowdry Fund.
Our next undertaking is a new floor, thanks to the support of the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead. Our grateful thanks to Brian Finch for project managing this for us, after the fantastic job he did on the toilet refurbishment.
What we want to do after that is:
- Transform the entrance hall into a welcoming space - with new glass doors that show off what's inside.
- Replace the flooring in the main hall - now next on our list!
- Install a new user friendly kitchen.
- Install electric raised seating - so that it doesn't need a small army to put it up and down and the space is more flexible for all our users.
- And the big one - it may take a few years to get to this - build a new extension at the back of the hall to provide a great atmospheric bar area with extra space above for community groups to use.
We can't, however, do much without YOUR support. So please join us as a Friend of Cordes Hall so we can keep you informed of what's going on and if you can help, we would be most grateful. And pleae come along to our Cinema and other Cordes Hall refurbishment fundraising events.
If you need further information or you know someone who might be in a position to help out fundraising, please contact our Treasurer, Vanessa Cummings, on 07778 742203 or email to email@example.com.
Thank you very much.